Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sugar Skulls

When your almost 21 year old daughter asks if it's a crafting day, you bet the answer is YES!  At this point, you are grateful they still want to hang out with you.  I must be a cool mom.  Haha!  Today my daughter, Ally, came over and we painted paper mâché sugar skulls.  Having been married on The Day of the Dead, or Día de los Muertos, I am a big fan.  However, Ally probably even likes them more than I do.  Our friend, Ryan, came over and joined in on the fun.  They turned out super cool.  With Halloween coming up, I'd definitely make more of these.  They can easily be hung around the house with a small pin.  This is a great project for any age.  Have fun!
First, I painted it white to get it ready.
Then, I painted it different shades of yellow.

Then, I added all of the designs.  You can decorate them however you want.




No comments:

Post a Comment