Friday, September 14, 2012

Art For Your Garden!

I've been procrastinating getting my Etsy shop up and running, so I worked on some items this week.  Trust me, I'll let you know when it's all together.  Today I subbed in a fourth grade classroom.  I have to earn some vacation money somehow.  I knew half of the students because I was their teacher in third grade; therefore, it was a fairly easy day.  Everything was ready for me, and there is nothing for me to take home.  Yahoo!  Now I get to go home and visit with my sister.  She's here from Seattle, and I only see her about twice every year.  It just happens to be the hottest day of the year here in San Diego, something she's not used to in Seattle, so I think I hear the ocean calling our names.  I can't wait!  I feel quite lucky to have a sister and a best friend all in one.

This week I also finished up a new craft.  During the summer, a friend and I went to the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach.  We saw these garden stakes and decided to make them but in our own way.  We got some wood that you would use on a picket fence and some strong glue that would hold up outside.  Then we glued on a ton of colorful objects we had around the house.   We used marbles, beads, shells, glass gems, rocks, and whatever else we could find that we thought would look good.  After they dried, I put them out in the garden.  That was the part I finished up this morning, so I was able to take a picture.  Here they are! 




2 comments: